How To Create A Home Office In A Small Apartment In Bloomington
Remote work is the new normal for countless professionals, whether you occupy a large house or a single-bedroom apartment. If you find yourself in the latter, you won’t have the advantage of a bonus bedroom to claim as your home office, but you are still able to create a worthy work area. Follow these simple suggestions and discover how to make a home office in a small apartment in Bloomington.
Small Apartment Home Office Ideas In Bloomington
- Select a suitable desk. Selecting a desk of an appropriate size to match your room is vital. If you use a laptop, a desk only needs to extend from the wall approximately 20 inches. Your worktop is ideally around 28 inches off the floor and may be any width that works for your space. Be sure you have area for an extra monitor. You'll be glad you have one when you have a spreadsheet up, a video meeting going, and ten other windows open. Really short on square footage? Consider a two-tier foldable desk you can hide away when you’re not using.
- Where might your desk go? If you can slide your desk into a corner, great! But you might have to get more inventive when positioning. A slim desk may be placed right behind a sofa. You can integrate a small area rug and lamp to help define the location as your office. An unused wall in your room will also work. Hang some pictures or intermix a plant or two so you aren’t looking at a blank wall throughout the day.
- Let your desk play multiple roles. If you’re tight on space, use your desk for more than a desk. Place it adjacent to your bed and use it as a nightstand. Or don’t worry about a desk at all and work from your dining room table or kitchen bar.
- Use floating shelves. These additions work nicely when your desk sits against a wall. You’ll have extra area for decor or supplies and can easily coordinate shelving into your room’s specific layout.
Would You Like To Mix Things Up? Consider Your Apartment’s Clubhouse Or A Standing Desk
Interested in another possibility in your own space? Incorporate a compact standing desk so you can get up and stretch out. An affordable laptop stand can help get your computer at the appropriate height.
Here are a handful of extra space-conserving ideas you can integrate into your small apartment home office in Bloomington:
- Hanging folders
- Small printer stand that will fit below your desk
- Small storage units that can attach to the bottom of your monitor
- Noise-canceling headphones for loud roommates and children
Create Your Home Office In Your New Apartment At City Flats on Tenth
Your home office will look marvelous in your new apartment at City Flats on Tenth. We have many different floor plans to suit your remote workspace needs. Arrange a tour of our Bloomington property or contact us at 812-561-1974 if you want additional information.