How To Welcome Green Apartment Living In Bloomington
Making a contribution for the environment doesn't have to be a large task. Even when you live in an apartment, there are many actions you can do to help protect our planet for generatiosn to come. Basic chores like choosing reusable items and conserving water can make an impact over time. If you're ready to embrace eco-friendly apartment living in Bloomington, here are some simple suggestions to get you started.
Swap Your Disposable Products With Reusable Items
Avoid one-time plastic water bottles and paper towels for cleaning. Try adding reusable items in your routine. Here are a few simple swaps to consider.
- Water bottles: When utilizing services like an exercise room wouldn't it be preferable to bring along a durable reusable container instead of a flimsy disposable bottle? Prevent sending out plastic to garbage dumps by using a water bottle you can refill.
- Kitchen dish towels and microfiber cleaners: End your reliance on paper towels and instead, use washable towels or microfiber cloths to clean up countertops, stovetops, and other messy surfaces.
- Refillable soap dispensers: Why throw away your pre-filled soap dispenser in the garbage when it's finished? Instead, use a long-lasting replenishable soap dispenser. You'll get them in a variety of patterns to complement your design preference.
- Silicone bags and straws: Washable and reusable, you can find a variety of silicone-based products like produce storage containers, straws, and even totes you can bring to class or your workplace.
Go one step further and discover products such as soap dispensers and water bottles that are made from repurposed materials. This not only helps reduce waste but also promotes a more sustainable future.
Look To Preserving Water And Energy For A Sustainable Home In Bloomington
Have you ever forgotten to turn off the water while cleaning your teeth or doing the dishes? You are not a unique case. Staying conscious of water usage is an excellent strategy for a green residence in Bloomington. Additionally, make a point to turn off lights when leaving and turn off your computer.
Some additional tips for conserving energy:
- Examine your light bulbs and consider making the change to energy efficient alternatives.
- Reduce hot water usage by cutting down on hot showers and washing your clothes in cool water instead.
- Avoid running your HVAC system at full blast. Open windows when you can in the summer season and keep comfortable blankets, sweaters, and other warm clothing handy in the colder months.
Maximize your recycling efforts in Bloomington
Even if you embrace the practice of carrying a reusable water bottle, you may still come across an infrequent plastic one in your Bloomington apartment. Recycle the plastic bottle. Make an effort to recycle as much as possible, including toilet paper tubes, wine corks, and those cardboard boxes that arrive at your doorstep. See if your neighborhood has recycling bins. If not, you can locate them in the surrounding area, on your local school’s campus, or even through your place of employment.
Go green at your brand-new Bloomington residence.
If you're looking for a ideal location to implement your green apartment living ideas, explore the wonderful options at City Flats on Tenth. Our Bloomington apartments will enhance your lifestyle as you do your part for the environment. You'll appreciate the large units, outstanding amenities, and attentive staff. Schedule a tour or simply dial 812-561-1974 to speak with a member of our team.